SIGN THE PETITION FOR A CIVIL RIGHTS INVESTIGATION OF KCPD
On July 23 civil rights, community-based, faith-based, and civic organizations came together to request that the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice (DOJ) investigate the disturbing patterns of misconduct, discrimination, and unconstitutional patterns and practices of violent policing targeting communities of color by the Kansas City Police Department.
Without local control of the KCPD, a DOJ investigation is our only recourse. You can strengthen this effort and stand in solidarity with this coalition by adding your name to this online petition.
- Ad Hoc Group Against Crime
- Black Leaders Advancing Quality Urban Education (BLAQUE-KC)
- Committee to Abolish Poverty, Inc.
- El Centro
- Jackson County Prosecutor Advisory Board
- JCRB|AJC Kansas City
- Metro Organization for Racial & Economic Equity (MORE2)
- Missouri Jobs with Justice
- National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME)
- National Black United Front-KC
- Presbyterian Urban and Immigrant Ministry Network of Heartland Presbytery
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference-KC
- Spirit of Freedom Fountain
- The Urban Council
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
- Urban Summit