The Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity (MORE2) is a community of congregations working together to improve access to opportunity, health and quality education for people throughout greater Kansas City.
MORE2 has successfully advanced significant public policy initiatives to secure jobs for people of color and people with low incomes in construction trades, funding for public transportation and equitable tax policy.
MORE2 is concerned that relocation of the Environmental Protection Agency Region 7 office and its 600 jobs from Kansas City, Kansas in Wyandotte County to Lenexa, Kansas in Johnson County will put the poor and vulnerable at risk.
- This move will relocate good paying jobs in one of the most economically challenged communities in the state to one of the most affluent counties in the United States;
- This move will locate a federal building to an area that is served by commuter transit lines, which are not required to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 2008;
- This move will relocate 600 jobs from an area currently well-served by public transportation to an area only minimally served by transit, limiting transportation options for EPA workers;
- This move will divide EPA offices and laboratories resulting in increased traffic and environmental impacts in both counties; and
- Finally this move does not appear to be consistent with current administration policies to locate federal facilities in urban core locations.
MORE2 opposes the relocation of the EPA Region 7 office and its 600 jobs from Kansas City, Kansas in Wyandotte County to Lenexa, Kansas in Johnson County.
Click here to sign a petition to stop the move: